Today I finally got to see what my finished product would look like, even if there were no songs on the disc yet! I borrowed a friends printer and covered inked costs and also bought all the equipment myself to save costs. After using free cd making software on the internet I created my templates and printed them off. Here is what the finished print outs looked like:
After carefully removing the designs from the packaging, it came to placing the sleeves into the jewell case cd’s. Unfortunately my designer had put the spine cover on the wrong side but this was not too much of an issue after a bit of cutting and sticking. When these adjustments had been made I finally had my finished product and I was seriously pleased with it. Here is the final design of both the album artwork and the CD:
The fact that the final product was a success and I did not sub-contract the work justifies my approach to do so appropriately, and answers to my objective and learning outcome in that category –
A & R – 3. b)
Objective – I will employ an assistant sound engineer, as well as sub-contracting work appropriately.
L.O. – I will further my abilities as an auteur producer, while distributing and delegating work when appropriate to aid the production process.